Activities at the heart of nature accessible to everybody
Nearby the campsite you will find 3 beautiful marked out mountainbike circuits and numerous passable roads, in a still protected nature.
Mountainbike fans will be charmed (Circuits map for sale at the campsite for 2,00 €).
Mountainbike instructor: Samy Janicaud – Tel: +33 (0)4 92 31 36 31 or +33 (0)6 03 93 24 19
If you are looking for an accommodation to practise mountainbiking in the region, campsite Mandala is an ideal starting point!
Walks during the day or half a day starting from the campsite by sharing the knowledge about the area with a mountain guide or by leaving alone:
- Pastoral day: a walk across the high mountain pastures on the meeting of the shepherd, his dogs and his flock.
- Art walk: a walk to the Vière hamlet to see the contempory works of art of Richard Nonas and to appreciate the beauty of its newly restored chapel.
- Estrop shelter (altitude 2000 m ) : a day excursion to discover the atmosphere of the high mountains. Accessible on foot, walking distance approximately 3 hours.
(map of the valley for sale at campsite for 3,00 €)
OUR FAVORITE FOR THE KIDS:
Walking with your feet into the water! Adventure and joy, we go back up a mountain stream where you can swim and splash around at the heart of nature…
(From 8 years; 19,00 € / adult and 16,00 € / child)
Relax and well being activities
- The solarium on the campsite is a space reserved for infants to play in complete security. Parents can supervise them while relaxing in a comfortable deckchair.
- The river is nearby and perfect for swimming, constructing a barrier or - for those who are inspired - to practise Land Art!
- A must-see: a picnic at the Warm Water lake (at 5 min by car) in the freshness of the pine trees by watching our children enjoying the water.
Sports activities at the heart of nature for sports persons
Via Ferrata of Prads-Haute-Bléone
Sports course on the rocky wall of La Colle above the Gorges de l’Aune, at 5 minutes on foot from the campsite.
The Via Ferrata of Prads is a must-see for those who love wild sensations, however this course may be practised by any person who would like to try a new kind of outdoor sports. The course is technically easy but requires a good physical shape.
The view is breathtaking on the entire course and there are rest spots. Without any doubt one of the most beautiful Via Ferrata of the region!
Possibility to partially cross the via ferrata by taking advantage of a way out at the end of the first part.The view is astonishing during the whole course and there are rest spots. Without doubt one of the most beautiful Via Ferrata of the region!
- Access time: a 15 minute approach walk from the campsite Mandala or 10 minutes from the car park (at the multi-purpose hall);
- Return time: 40 minutes;
- Depart Altitude: 1000 m;
- Exposition: South-West;
- Length of the via ferrata: 600 m;
- Level: 300 m;
- Difficulty: from Rather Difficult + (AD+) to Difficult (D);
- Course time: 3.30 to 4.00;
- Adress: Falaise de Meichira.
Possible way out after 1.30 of course in difficulty AD+ (way out of 20 mn), than difficulty AD + on the main road, or difficulty D of variant one.
Rental of equipment at Camping Mandala (payments by check or cash accepted).
Information at +33 (0)4 92 62 84 95 en saison uniquement or +33 (0)6 01 76 93 59
Leave with a professional : Michel SUHUBIETTE – Tel: +33 (0)6 75 60 03 89 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the data cheet de la via ferrata de Prads-Haute-Bléone.
2 climbing rocks are situated nearby the campsite (site of Blégiers, at 5 km).
Possibility to practise adventure course in the forest to spend a nice moment under and in the trees (at one hour by car from the campsite).
Topo available at the town hall of Prads or in the brochure of Haute Bléone, available at the campsite (free).
Climbing instructor : Michel SUHUBIETTE – Tel: +33 (0)6 75 60 03 89 - email@example.com
Come and practise canyoning with a qualified instructor in canyons of different difficulty levels . For more experienced there are two famous canyons at the European level: the canyon of Male Vesse and the canyon of Bussing.
Leave with professionals: Michel Suhubiette - Tel: +33 (0)6 75 60 03 89 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Possibility to practise paragliding with a takeoff runway nearby.