Culture & lifestyle in Haute-Bléone
Although our valley offers sports and nature, it has a lot to offer in the field of culture. On the spot, you can enjoy in particular the following cultural activities :
- Art shelter of Andy Goldsworthy: Two sites are situated nearby our valley, an ideal place to spend a day by combining hiking and culture (www.refugedart.fr).
- Viapac: a transnational route (on foot or by car) between Digne and Cuneo (Italy) decorated with contempory works of art as David Renaud, Joan Fontcuberta, Richard Nonas... For more information www.viapac.eu
- Foundation Alexandra David-Neel, home of the famous explorer and writer converted into museum – a must-see for fans of Alexandra D.N., of Tibet, of buddhism... This visit may be finished by a real Indian Chaï (Indian spice Tea indien) in the Tearoom « Kalashanti », just in front of the entrance of the foundation, where you can book great massages.
- Hiking museum of the Geological Reserve of the Haute Provence: a nice and fresh park with picnic areas, the tuff waterfall, the view from the museum, the butterfly garden, the expositions, the ammonites rock –you can spend a day here.
- The Digne les Bains spa for a dive into warm water or a relaxing moment for a massage, a spa bath with essential oils.
Mountain culture montagnarde of the valley
- Visit of the Serre farm, biological farm which produces goat cheese offering on-the-spot sale and possibility to visit the cheese factory.
- Visit of Marmot workshop : basketwork, wood sculpture.
- Visit of a Educational apiary with the Ecosphère association.
- Initiation in geology and fossile workshop.
Our region burst of possible activities – do not hesitate to contact us for more information !